Error during installation V3

Aug 20, 2011 at 7:50 AM

Hi,

During the Web Install wizard I get the following error: "Error - 2147467259: failed to create SQL database: BCCDB, error detail: unknown error." The user that I'm installing with is the BizTalk service account user and also a SQL admin on the server. Please help, I'm really looking forward to the new version.

Great work!

Rudi Maritz

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:10 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Solution:

The user must have "db create" permissions. See the link  http://biztalkcontrolcenter.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=SQL_server_role

Can you verfiy that on your box for the login.

Workaround

1> Create a new SQL user (SQL authentication)

2.> This user created in step 1, must have db create permission.

3> Run the installer again and use the login created in step 1.

Thanks.

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hi,

i have created a user with all the "db create" permission. Then i still recieve the error:

Product: BizTalk Control Center (BCC) -- Error 26201. Error -2147467259: failed to create SQL database: BCCDB, error detail: unknown error.

So i created the BCCDB and then mapped it to the user as db_owner, ran the installer again and got the error again:

Product: BizTalk Control Center (BCC) -- Error 26201. Error -2147467259: failed to create SQL database: BCCDB, error detail: unknown error.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Workaround: Create an empty database with the name "BCCDB" and try to override it during setup. This will work for sure.

you must run the BCCWebSetup as Administrator from the commmand line

1. Start > Run > type cmd (This is must be run using Administrative priviledges)

2.  From the command line execute BCCWebSetup.msi [C:\> BCCWebSetup.msi]

Please let me know in case you see any issues.

Thank you for using BCC.

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same...

BizTalk 2010 / SQL 2008R2; I think there are some errors in the SQL script....

Please fix it or upload the current sourcecode that I will fix it...

Regards

Marc

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Hello Moderator,

I have issues running the web setup msi. It won't run. The wizards ends up with the following error "BCC setup wizard ended prematurely", and the eventlog the status 1604 is logged on this error event.

Can you help on this?

System:

BizTalk 2010 , SQL server 2008R2 both 64 bit, win2k8 R2 x64 (single server installation). BizTalk hostss account is a domain account with domain admin permissions as well as the required sql server roles. the application pool is also created as mentioned in the installation guide.

Thnx in advance and kind regards,

Kitster

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
You might have to update the MSI installer itself.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8483
Mar 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Hello Nkaram,

Thnx for your reply. Windows 2008R2 comes with Windows Installer 5.0 and cannot downgrade it to 4.5 as suggested.
So what's left for me to do?

Kind regards,

Kitster
Mar 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Hello,

Have you tried running the setup from command line with Administrator privileges.

Also please send me all the screen shots in a word document to my email id (naveenji@live.com) If this doesn't help, I will send u script to run manually.

thanks,
Naveen.
Mar 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Hello Nkaram,

Thnx for the help. I was able to run the MSI through the elevated cmd console.
BCC is now fully running on my machine, thnx!

Kind regards,

Kitster