does this work in a multi-server environment?

Oct 11, 2011 at 3:02 PM

My particular environment has two BizTalk servers and a separate SQL server (containing the BizTalk databases).

The installation guide just states that both the web and agent are "installed locally on the BizTalk Server Box" - In my case would I have to install each of these on each of my two BizTalk servers and maintain two websites? Or can I install it on just one of them and have it monitor both servers' host instances, etc.?

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:12 PM

In this current BCC release, you might want to install it on the both the boxes and have two web sites and I hope its not much of an inconvenience.

NOTE: If you have clustered BizTalk boxes, I guess then both the host instances would show up on one box. In that case you can install BCC on just the primary server.

Some points to note:

1. When you enable monitoring on both the boxes, you would get an email notification on which box the failure has happened. So that will tell you which box to look into.

2. The upcoming 4.0 release will address the multi-server scenario.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Thanks for the clarification!

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Is there any plan for releasing the next version to address multi server scenerio?
Jul 11, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Lately I have started another project and I don't have the time to release a new version. If you like to contribute to this work, I can provide you with the entire source code. Let me know if you are interested to do the same.
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Yes can you please provide the entire code including the agent code. I can see if i can contribute.
Sep 1, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Source Code

The source is now available on github.com [url: https://github.com/navkar/BizTalkControlCenter]